Unique Hydrofiber dressing designed to deliver canister-less NPWT:
- Hydrofiber core gels on contact with wound fluid locking in exudate and the bacteria it contains
- Film layer provides a bacterial and viral barrier, is showerproof, and permits evaporation of exudate aiding overall fluid handling
- The Avelle dressing connector is fitted with a one-way valve. when the pump is disconnected, the Avelle dressing will maintain vacuum for approximately 60 minutes after disconnection from the pump
- Maximum wear time is 7 days (pump is separate and has a 30-day lifespan)
Dressing size - 16x16cm; pad/absorption area 8x8cm
for deeper wounds, up to 2.0cm, a filer may be used such as AQUACEL Extra or AQUACEL Ag Extra dressings or ribbon dressings. Fillers should be changed along with the Avelle dressing.
the Avelle system can be used in conjunction with compression therapy if required (such as SurePress High Compression Bandage). Care should be taken to ensure that the tubing is routed outside the bandage.
The Avelle NPWT System can be used on a broad range of wound types:
- Chronic wounds
- Acute wounds
- Traumatic wounds
- Subacute and dehisced wounds
- Flaps and grafts
- Surgically closed incisions